dinsdag 26 maart 2013

Finishing up: Hatchling black dragon

I have painted this mini three times over a span of two years and I was never quite happy with it. Finally decided to man up and do one final repaint. Black dragons are... well black, so I added purple to give some distinction. I also added a small 'hoard', very cute, and tall grass to give the idea that he is slithering around in tall grass.

The mini is from Reaper, though I don't know where from exactly. A familiar pack I think. Hm...

Next up: I am unsure. I think three nymphs.

maandag 25 maart 2013

Sea Hag

This is the mini I have been working on for a while now. It was for a Pathfinder session, meet the Sea Hag from Reaper.

She was a joy to paint. I tried wet blending on the skin and I am quite happy with how it turned out. I also tried crystal gel on the base and drybrushed that to emulate water. Turned out rather awesome if I do say so myself.

Next up: A very small black dragon.

dinsdag 19 maart 2013

Finishing up: Old GW mummy

And here is another Finishing Up mini. A old GW mummy model. Once got it for my Tomb Kings, but I didn't think it fit. It is a perfectly recognizable model for a good Pathfinder session though!

vrijdag 15 maart 2013

Even more devils

So after the bone and barbed devil it was time for ... more devils! This time it is three unidentified little buggers. I am starting to notice a white, green, red, color scheme going on here. These are from Reaper: Blood Imps.

That is the last of the devils for a while. More devils once the Reaper kickstarter comes in. I did get nice big lava bases to base that inevitable pit fiend.

The new devils
And a group shot!

donderdag 14 maart 2013

Finishing up: Caveman

I have this bunch of miniatures which are partly painted. I intend to finish them all... someday. This is the first of those miniatures. This is one caveman from a pack of four from Reaper Miniatures. I had already finished two of them a long time ago (over a year), and this one only needed hair and some fur. Easy peasy.

Behold the result!

zondag 10 maart 2013

DIY: Rack two: The Rack-oning

Now I have two! Muahaha! *goes out to buy more model color*

Total cost: 3E a rack

(This is a continuation of the DIY: Low budget paint rack post)